Initial symptoms was observed in Managed System Configuration (transaction: SOLMAN_SETUP) in step 4 -> Assign Diagnostics Agent. In this place I couldn’t assign agent. Button: “Auto Assign” and “Check All Hist Agents” didn’t works.
To verify what is wrong run “Agent Admin” page. You can do it directly from above step 4 or via transaction: MAI_TOOLS:
On Agent Admin page You can see what is wrong:
You can see in the above screen that 2 entries contain an error. In SAP Solution Manager 7.2 SP14, all connected Diagnostics Agents must run on SAP JVM 8.1. Agents running older JVM versions will not be able to connect to the Solution Manager anymore.
Now we have two possibilities:
- Reinstall DIagnostic Agent to newer version – here You can find article how to do it.
- Upgrade the Diagnostics Agent’s JVM
Here I’ll show You second option.
- Download the newest SAP JVM for the corresponding platform from this link: SAP JVM 8.1 (SUPPORT PACKAGES AND PATCHES)
- Log on as <SID>adm with <SID> being the system ID of the Diagnostics Agent (e.g. DAA).
- Copy downloaded SAPJVM8_XXX.SAR file to: /usr/sap/SID/SYS/exe/jvm/<PLATFORFM>
- SAPJVM8_XXX.SAR has inside folder sapjvm_8, therefore we can unpack file in above destination, for example: SAPCAR -xvf SAPJVM8_84-80000202.SAR
server:daaadm 79> pwd
server:daaadm 80> ll
drwxr-xr-x 3 daaadm sapsys 4096 Mar 10 2017 sapjvm_6.1.098
drwxr-xr-x 7 daaadm sapsys 4096 Jan 12 2022 sapjvm_8
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 152574608 Dec 1 09:57 SAPJVM8_84-80000202.SAR
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 40 Jan 12 2022 sapjvm_8.lst
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 201 Jan 12 2022 sapjvmmanifest.mf
5. After unpack *.SAR file I have in location: /usr/sap/DAA/SYS/exe/jvm/linux86_64 directory: sapjvm_8.
6. Copy also folder sapjvm_8 to /usr/sap/DAA/SMDA98/exe.
7. Now open /usr/sap/SID/SYS/profile/<PROFILE> with <PROFILE> being the filename of the profile, e.g. DAA_SMDA98_myagentshosts and edit the properties:
_CPARG1 = list:$(DIR_CT_SAPJVM)/sapjvm_8.lst
SAPJVM_VERSION = 8.1.084
DIR_SAPJVM = $(DIR_EXECUTABLE)$(DIR_SEP)sapjvm_8
8. Restart the Diagnostics Agent by executing the command: stopsap && startsap.
9. Now run once again Agent Admin page in Solman 7.2 and check agent connection. If needed, authorize the agent – his status should be green.
The same situation should be in Managed System Configuration for Your system. Both agents: “Diagnostics Agent” and “Host Agent” status should be green.