Others availalble dashboards You can see on below screen:
First, check below steps:
- In SM72 Your user should have assigned a composite role: SAP_OST_FI_ADMIN_ALL_COMP
- service: WD_DF_SETUP should be activated in SICF transaction.
If above is completed You can run SM_WORKCENTER transaction and find tile: Focused Insight – Administration
At the begining we create Tactical Dashboard – to do this, click:
You should see below window:
where You have to do:
- Add New Entry in Instance Configuration.
- Add Description in Configuration Settings and choose Active Scenarios, which your monitoring will use. Don’t worry if you don’t know what the scenario offers. When you start your first monitoring, everything becomes clear and then you turn on/off the metrics which you need.
- Each scenario has its own tab where you can make additional configuration, e.g. setting alert thresholds, data period or data filter. Everything is clear and easy to set.
- Save configuration
- Once you have configured your instance, add the systems which you want to monitor -> Click button: Add System
- You can monitor System Type: ABAP, Java, HANADB and WebDispatcher. Add Description for Your systems and choose active scenarios for them.
- As before each scenario has its own tab where you can make additional configuration, e.g. setting alert thresholds, data period or data filter. Everything is clear and easy to set.
- Save configuration.
More information about available scenarious You can find on FI Wiki Page: here. Look here:
Now we can start and check monitoring. In SM_WORKCENTER in tile Focused Insight – Administration choose:
and on the next screen click on:
wait a while:
Some metrics need few minutes before they load. How the metrics are exactle calculated You can find on the WIKI Focused Insights Home choosing the right scenario.
If You have problem with some metrics – data is unavailable, check my next article where I’ll write about it (part 4).