From time to time You install and next uninstall specific addon’s to HANA. After that a red traffic light is displayed for one or several services. What can we do to get rid of the red controls?Read More
You can use report DMC_NOTE_ANALYZER to check whether all necessary SAP Notes are installed. To do this, the system identifies the latest version of the central SAP Note for the relevant product. Next program match this informations with Your system components and and propose appropriate notes to implement. You should regularly apply OSS notes to solve bugs in Your system.
The DMC note analyzer program is delivered with SAP note: 2596411 – SLT / NZDT / S4HANA Migration Cockpit (DMIS2011 SP11-SP15; DMIS2018; S/4HANA 1610, 1709 & 1809) – Note Analyzer.Read More
This article describes the process of updating the CIM model and CR Content (Component Repository Content) in SLD (System Landscape Directory). But what is SAP CR Content? It is an integral part of SLD whereby SAP stores information about its components. This information is used, for example, by SAP Solution Manager to prepare the entire process of updating the SAP products, which we use. Therefore, SAP recommend use always the latest version of SAP CR Content.Read More
Generally CDC is a tool, which You use to compare data sources with a complex structure or hierarchy. You can do this across different systems to check whether the data in the source and target systems is consistent, for example, whether updates in the source system have been correctly replicated to the target system.Read More
In the below article I will describe the errors I encountered while working with CHaRM in SAP Solution Manager and I will present to You their solutions.
ChaRM -> Change Request Management
SAP ChaRM is a tool delivered with SAP Solution Manager that manages activities performed during a change in design and testing the procedure to move from final promotion to the production system. It allows you to track
change requests and transport requests in the change management system across the entire business solution.
Discussed list of errors :
- “Make an entry in field ‘Configuration Item'”.
- „Transport track of source system SID~ABAP/XXX does not include a production system”.
- “No consolidation system” lub “No export system“.
During using the SM_CRM or CRM_UI transaction to create a new change document (RfC) sometimes You can see long list of different types of transactions:
How can we limit the list – for example only to the ZMMJ type? Follow these steps:
- In SPRO transaction, navigate to: SAP Reference IMG > SAP Solution Manager > Capabilities (Optional) > Change Control Management > Transactions > Define Transaction Types.
- Find the Transaction Type to be disabled, e.g. SMAD (at the bottom of the screen You can find “Position…” button – use it to search).
- Select the line and in the column: “Inactive” select the appropriate option from the list:
4. Proceed in the same way with other types of transactions, which You want to disable.