You are trying to run a HANA backup but receive error: “A data backup cannot be created because another data backup is running or a storage snapshot has been prepared” like on below screen:
What we can do…
- Fisrt, check the backup status:
select * from "SYS"."M_BACKUP_CATALOG" where STATE_NAME = 'running';
If backup is still running, search log backint.log file to more information, e.g.
XXXX-XX-XX XX:XX:XX.XXX backint started:
command: /usr/sap/XXX/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbbackint -f backup -p /hana/shared/SID/xxx/XXX/Plugin/config/plugin.conf -i /var/tmp/hdbbackint_XXX.q88I4r -o /var/tmp/hdbbackint_XXX.JPdGte -u XXX -s 1633728608857 -c 1 -l LOG
#SOFTWAREID "backint 1.04" "HANA HDB server 2.00.0XX.00.XXXXXXXXXX"
3. In the log You find two more important information:
- PID – process number
- PIPE – folder where backup hold files
4. To make sure everything is stopped:
- kill process, in my case: 196162 – command: ‘kill -9 196162‘
- delete the pipe, in my case: rm ‘log_backup_3_0_5894236087104_589425284966′.
Now the next backup should start correctly.