SAP EarlyWatch Alert (EWA) is an automatic service analyzing the essential administrative areas of an SAP system. Alerts indicate critical situations and give solutions to improve performance and stability. To check and display these alerts in the corresponding reports, SAP offers the SAP EarlyWatch Alert Workspace in the SAP ONE Support Launchpad and also automaticaly generated reports for SAP Solution Manager 7.2.
How to setup/configure EWA reports
You have two possibilities to activate EWA reports:
- Transaction SOLMAN_SETUP -> Managed System Configuration -> Choose suitable system -> choose option: Configure System:
EWA Monitoring/Alert is in step 7:
2. Transaction SOLMAN_SETUP -> Application Operations -> Earlywatch alert Management
choose suitable system ID and click Next to go to step 2
In step 2 You can choose: language, day of the week when report will be created and of course activate EWA:
In step 3 Solman checked status of the service plugin (ST-PI and ST-A/PI) for Your system:
In step 4 You can check SDCCN status for ABAP system:
In step 5 You need to maintain the recipients for EWA e-mail notification. Besides, You can choose:
- report format (HTML, MS Word, Link or PDF),
- check a box if the report should only be emailed when it has been rated Red.
Ensure that users have an e-mail assigned in SU01.
Now you have finished configuring the EarlyWatch Alert:
Problems and Solutions
Below You find some notes which will be helpfuly:
- 2988650 – Sending EWA emails doesn’t work
- 1332428 – Missing JAVA (non-ABAP System) Performance Data in Service Sessions
- 1824881 – Summary of Grey Rated EWA Reports
- 1907383 – How to Setup and Troubleshoot EarlyWatch Alert Reports in SAP Solution Manager
Here You find description how to EWA works:
- 2729186 – General Process of EWA Generation in SAP Solution Manager 7.2